Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jordyn's 1st Day of Dance

In September Jordyn started dance for the 1st time. I was having a hard time finding a dance class that I felt was a good fit, they were either on Monday night (which I didn't want to do due to it being family night), to expensive, to far away or way to competitive for a 3 year old in my view. I mentioned this to Donna (Jordyn's preschool teacher and my president in primary) and she suggested a place called Dance by Dee that she knew to be really good and almost right around the conner from us. So I called and spoke with Dee and asked all my crazy first time mom questions and she was great and told me exactly what I wanted to hear so I made plans to go to her open house in a few weeks. Well it turns out that Brian had to work that night and I was a little leery about finding it alone so my dad agreed to take me. He took one look at the address and asked if her name was Diane, I said I had no idea but she'd answered the phone as "Dee". My dad said wouldn't it be funny if it's Diane Roburg, who does the Dazzle Dogs and had shared a booth with him at an expo. It turns out it is the very same Diane and she was thrilled to see my dad and to meet Jordyn. Needless to say I felt a ton better leaving my little girl with someone not only recommended by a woman I trust but who is also a friend of my dads. So now Jordyn goes once a week and learns lots of dances and gets to do a lot of really fun things with her cute little friends. It's just the right fit!! Some of the pictures aren't the greatest but they are too cute not to share!




Name shape!!


1 comment: