Thursday, July 28, 2011

Temple Quarry Trail!!

During our trip to St. George this spring we went on a little hike (not so much a hike as a nice long stroll) on the Temple Quarry Trail which is where the pioneers got the rock for the St. George temple. It was really fun to see all the wheel marks and other things left behind by our ancestors. The best part was walking with my grandpa and hearing all the stuff he knows. I'm pretty sure he knows EVERYTHING there is to know about St. George! I learned more in those couple hours then I could have anywhere else. Plus it's always special when I get to spend time with my Pa =) Jordyn loved it and I think she ran a good portion of the way there but after that she needed a little daddy help to make it back to the car. All of us enjoyed ourselves immensely. Our little hiking party included Brian, Jordyn, my mom, my dad, my grandpa and my uncle Greg. And to top it off the sunny weather was a very welcome break from all the gloomy weather we had been having back home!!









No comments:

Post a Comment