Saturday, June 11, 2011

Primary "service drive-in" Activity

In December my primary presidency and I decided to have a service drive-in for our quarterly activity. We gave the kids boxes to make cars and then we set up 3 "service stations". The kids drove from station to station doing the various service projects (frosting cookies for the bishopric, washing the chairs in the primary room and making cards for the missionaries), after each project was complete they earned a "service buck" (which I was in charge of making, so of course I roped my dad into drawing a service station monster for me to use on my bucks), they then could use their service bucks to buy treats, popcorn and drinks at the drive-in. They all bought their treats and parked their cars to watch Mr. Kruger's Christmas. It was a ton of fun!! The kids loved it! And of course Brian and Jordyn went all out making Jordyn's car super fantastic. It had a front end added, working head lights and tail lights and lots of decorations cut by my cricut. Everyone loved it!!


You can't tell in the pictures but the headlights are on, Brian used a battery operated strand of Christmas lights so Jordyn could turn them on and off with a button. It was SO cute!!




My service monster (art by Scott Minson :) I couldn't find where I kept my master copy of the finished service bucks but they were pretty cute if I do say so myself!

1 comment:

  1. I totally remember doing this is Primary!! I love it!! And I suggested that my YSA ward do it!! Haha! I think we may have to use refrigorator bxes though!!
    And I love the "service station" part of it too!!
    Jordyn's car is cute!! I LOVE that it can light up!! Sweet!!

    ReplyDelete